Since its inception in 2003, WordPress has emerged as the preferred choice for content management systems (CMS) for non-bloggers and the bloggers have not been left behind either. If you are still hesitant about using WordPress as your business’ online platform, here’s what you should know about WordPress:
It is easy to use
WordPress is the ideal platform for anyone who is lacking in vast knowledge as far as technology and computer matters are concerned. WordPress is a simple content management system that is easily managed by the typical end user that is the online business owner. Whether you are adding new pages, features or content, you can be certain that the process is going to be simple and straightforward. This eliminates the complications that might arise when using traditional websites. The time spent on formatting is also significantly reduced.
It is easy to access
ou can manage the content on your site from anywhere in the world as long as you have a computer with Internet access. All you have to do is log in to the website administration panel and do the necessary. It does not get easier than that.
WordPress is SEO-Friendly
As a business owner, your dream is to beat competition and stand out from the crowd. This is the goal of search engine optimization. WordPress makes this possible as it uses simple and clear code that can be easily read and indexed by search engines. The components on the site can be optimized on an individual basis as they can have their own meta tag, descriptions and title.
It can be easily customized
Needless to say, every business has its own image. It is important that this image is reflected on online platforms so as to establish a brand that has a strong impact. Having a blog for your business website is always a good idea and WordPress supports this. As it was originally a blogging platform, it comes with built-in blogging capabilities that you can use to your advantage.
You might be wondering, should you hire a professional WordPress designer or should you do the work yourself? A lot of people opt to manage their website themselves. However, they fail to understand that there are benefits of hiring a WordPress designer that they stand to gain. Here’s why you should hire a WordPress designer:
- A professional WordPress designer helps you create a website design that sits well with your audience. In the world of business, image is everything. You want to make a good impression on your potential clients by having a website that reflects on the professionalism and quality of your business.
- A WordPress designer creates a website that is easy to use and navigate. Remember, customers are drawn to such sites as they can easily find what they are looking for. This means that visitors will spend more time on your site and also raises the likelihood of having repeat visitors. All this is good for your business.
- Another reason to hire WordPress designer is to ensure your website has the security required to keep off hackers. When it comes to protecting your business, you can never be too careful. A professional WordPress designer will put in measures to protect your business and your customers too.
- Professional WordPress designers know what you need to do to optimize your site for the search engines. Hiring a WordPress designer means that you do not have to worry about search engine optimization as they will take care of that.
- A Professional designer ensures consistency of all elements on your website. This consistency is important in building a site that is relevant to your business brand. Remember you want to create a website that your customers can easily identify you by.
- Your professional WordPress designer will help you design your website in such a way that your site looks good on different screen dimensions. Keep in mind that different people will use different gadgets e.g. mobile phones, iPads etc to access your site and you do not want your site to appear distorted on any of them.
- Establishing an online presence is paramount if you wish to draw in the online consumer. By choosing the right platform and the right professional designer, you can go ahead to establish your business as a brand to reckon with.